The most common type of compressor used in domestic refrigerators is the hermetically sealed compressor. A hermetically sealed compressor is a compressor that is sealed inside a metal housing and is not intended to be serviced or opened by the user. This type of compressor uses a reciprocating or rotary mechanism to compress the refrigerant and is powered by an electric motor.
Hermetic compressors are widely used in domestic refrigerators because they are reliable, efficient and have a long lifespan. They are also relatively low-cost and easy to maintain. These compressors are available in different types, such as reciprocating compressors and scroll compressors.
Domestic refrigerators may also use other types of compressors such as semi-hermetic compressors which are not fully sealed and can be serviced or opened by a professional, but they are less common in domestic refrigerators.
It’s important to note that, the compressor used in refrigeration is not only one component but it’s part of a system composed of several components such as condenser, evaporator, expansion valve, among others. All these components work together to provide cooling to the refrigerator.
- Garage air compressor for car tires
- Air compressor for truck tires
- Compressor and nail gun combo
- Compressor airbrush
- Compressor acoustic guitar
Which compressor is best for domestic refrigerator?
When it comes to choosing the best compressor for a domestic refrigerator, there are several factors to consider.
- Efficiency: Look for compressors that have high energy efficiency ratings, as they will consume less energy and save on electricity costs over time.
- Noise level: Look for compressors that have low noise levels, as they will not be disruptive in your home.
- Reliability: Look for compressors that have a good reputation for reliability and durability.
- Serviceability: Look for compressors that are easy to service and maintain, in case repairs are needed.
- Brand and Quality: Look for compressor from well-know brands, that have good customer reviews and warranty.
- Price: Look for compressor that fits your budget, but also keep in mind the importance of quality and durability.
Currently, the most common types of compressors used in domestic refrigerators are the reciprocating and scroll compressors. Both types are known for their reliability, efficiency and low noise levels. Reciprocating compressors are widely used in domestic refrigerators because they are relatively low-cost and easy to maintain, while scroll compressors are known for their high efficiency and low noise levels.
In summary, when choosing the best compressor for a domestic refrigerator, it’s important to consider factors such as efficiency, noise level, reliability, serviceability, brand and price. Both Reciprocating and Scroll compressors are good options, but it’s important to check the specific requirements of your refrigerator and consult with a professional technician to make the best choice.