Knowing how to drain air compressor is very important for us. Many individuals are getting more interested in air compressors. This multipurpose tool may be used for a variety of domestic and industrial purposes. It may be used to work with a nail gun, spray paint, pressure wash, drill, and perform a variety of other operations that require the use of a pneumatic instrument. An air compressor compresses and stores air so it may be used to power pneumatic equipment. It may be used with a broad range of tools due to its standardization. Because it is so long-lasting, many people consider it a wise one-time investment. As a result, it is becoming more desirable. Maintaining your air compressor is critical if you want it to reach its maximum capacity and serve you for many years. Your air compressor has to be serviced on a regular basis. Draining the compressor tank of water is one of the most vital maintenance procedures. To know how to drain air compressor in detail, keep reading more.
How Many Times Do You Have Drain Your Air Compressor?
Knowing how many times to clean the compressor is equally important to know how to drain a compressor. Water, as well as the deadly combination of contaminants and particles that water may combine with, can wreak havoc on your compressor and pneumatic equipment. You may be wondering how often you should empty your air compressor to keep it safe. If you use your air compressor every day, you should empty it at least once every couple of days. Otherwise, moisture and dust will wreak havoc on the functioning of your compressor and pneumatic equipment. Keep reading to know how to drain air compressor in more detail.
Can Water Get Into The Tank Of An Air Compressor?
Your air compressor takes in air to compress every time you operate it. Moisture in the form of water vapor is constantly present in the air around you.
Water droplets form as water vapor condenses. Over time, these water droplets accumulate and create free-flowing water in air compressor. Pollutants and dust from the surrounding atmosphere will also be pulled in with the moisture. Oil from the seals is often introduced.
This build-up progresses over time, and water may occasionally be measured in gallons in larger compressors! This is a very important tip if you want to know how to drain water from air compressor.
What Is The Best Way to Drain An Air Compressor?
Water can easily get into your air compressor. So, it is very important to know how to remove water from air compressor tank. It’s not difficult to empty an air compressor’s tank. If you follow a few simple steps, the air compressor may very well work like new and last a lifetime. There are two methods for draining: manually and automatically. Let’s have a look at each method of how to drain air compressor individually:
- The auto drain for air compressor valve is usually found at the bottom of an air compressor. It may be on the side in a few uncommon cases. Though the side valve is easily accessible for opening and closing, it is inefficient for completely draining air compressor tank water. The side valve is positioned in such a way that water may be drained using air pressure. You can’t drain plug air compressor with this design if there isn’t enough air pressure. In addition, the positioning on the side might cause rust to jam the hole. It makes sense to get an air compressor with a bottom drain valve.
- If the valve is at the bottom, it will instantly begin letting out water once it is opened. If you don’t want to dirty up your floor, keep a pan below to collect the dripping water. Allow all of the muck to drain out by tilting the tank. Air pressure is required to force the water out of air compressors with a side drain valve. Start the compressor to get some air pressure going, then turn it off after a few minutes. When you open the valve, you’ll see water being forced out by compressed air. To capture the muck, have a container nearby.
- Once your air compressor has been exhausted, shut the air compressor automatic drain valve. Before shutting the drain valve, it’s a good idea to apply thread tape. There will be no leaks as a result of this. Run the compressor and inspect for leaks with soapy water and the drain valve fitting. If the soapy water bubbles, use a wrench to tighten the valve. With soap water, check for an airtight fitting one again. If you notice a leak, remove the valve, apply additional thread tape, and tighten it up again. If the leak persists after this procedure, replace the compressor drain valve.
Draining our air compressors on a regular basis is a nuisance for many of us. As a result, an electronic automatic drain valve is a popular option. When you have a heavy-duty compressor, this function is extremely beneficial. Simply remove your old manual air compressor drain valve and replace it with an electronic drain valve. You must also define the frequency at which your compressor must be drained.
- Make sure the compressor is disconnected from the power source.
- Protect your eyes and hands by using safety goggles and gloves.
- Tilt the compressor to drain the whole amount of water.
- After emptying, make sure the valve is correctly tightened. Use threading tape to make the valve airtight if necessary.
- Using soapy water, inspect the air compressor tank drain valve for leaks.
The air compressor is a multipurpose instrument that many people see as a blessing! It powers a wide range of pneumatic instruments in both the household and the workplace. However, keep in mind that air compressors are quite strong. They use huge pressure to compress and store air. These multipurpose gadgets have the potential to be quite harmful if mistreated. Anyone in the vicinity of an exploding tank is at risk of serious harm. The producers of air compressors take safety extremely seriously. All modern air compressors are well-built and have a number of safety measures. That so, a little routine maintenance on your part can extend the life of your air compressor and pneumatic equipment significantly. With the aid of the preceding advice, you will be able to operate with your air compressor with complete peace of mind. Hopefully, now you know how to drain air compressor.
You can also share your expectations and preferences with us about compressor-related issues. We are promised to answer all your questions and to solve your problems. Let us know your view towards compressorvilla.com.